Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No pictures today but a nice update. The girls both love their teachers! They are both adjusting very well to the new school year (though Katie is so beat at the end of the day she is easily upset). Katie also throws a fit if she can't sit at the window on the bus. I told her if this continues I will tell the bus driver to never let her have the window seat so it won't be a problem (and yes I AM that mean- she needs to get over it)

Ivy looks forward to bringing the girls to the bus stop in the morning (she gets a ton of attention there!) and picking them up. She misses them during the day.

I am so pleased so far with Syd's new teacher (we knew we loved Katie's caused Syd had her too!). I think this is telling- Syd's first day she (her whole class not just her :P) got a baggy full of small items as a welcome. It says on the front-
Welcome bags
An eraser= to let you know it is ok to make mistakes
A gem= each one of us is valuable
A package of Smarties candies= there are many different kinds of "smart"
A stick of gum= we will all stick together
Star stickers= we always shine and do our best
Heart stickers= our classroom is a safe and caring place

I love our school system, and the teachers in it. I couldn't do their job and I have the utmost respect for all they do. The (almost) make it look easy!

1 comment:

Keri said...

That "goodie" bag is awesome!!! And you are NOT mean! LOL! I would do the same exact thing! haha :)